Face cream has always been a vital part of self-care routines. But now that most consumers are stuck inside due to COVID-19, makeup has taken a back seat and skin care is seeing its time to shine.
According to Beauty Packaging and a report from Technavio, the global face cream market is predicted to grow at a compound annual growth rate of over 5% by 2023. The market size will increase to $10.26 billion, growing at a faster pace than the face cream market in 2019. 35% of the growth will be coming from North America.
The need for organic face creams has been instrumental in driving the growth of this market. These face creams are made from natural ingredients, including, coconut, avocado, olive oil, argan, antioxidants, aloe vera, and sunflower and contain little or no chemicals.
Different Types of Face Cream
The face cream market is segmented into a few different categories. According to the report from Technavio, anti-aging creams continue to be the largest segment in the market.
The biggest face cream product segments include:
- Anti-Aging Face Creams: These creams are known to combat fine lines, wrinkles, sun spots and age spots. Most of the ingredients in these types of face creams are designed to help smoothen and brighten skin.
- Hydrating Face Cream: These creams are made to hydrate skin and will help restore the water to the upper portion of your dermis.
- Acne Prevention Face Cream: These are great to pair with an acne treatment face wash that contain ingredients that might dry your skin out. Ingredients in these creams often include:
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Salicylic acid
- Adapalene, tazarotene, or tretinoin
What Are Consumers Looking for In Face Creams?
Face creams serve a variety of purposes. When it comes down to choosing a face cream, consumers are often looking to achieve one of the following benefits:
- Face cream is known to brighten skin tones when used regularly alongside sunscreen lotions. This will prevent any sunspots or discoloration of the face.
- Hydrated skin is often a result of using face cream. Moist skin results in a healthier look and can help makeup stay on longer.
- Using face cream daily can prevent early aging. Dry and not well-nourished skin is very susceptible to premature aging.
- Face cream can help prevent blackheads and acne. Blackheads and other types of acne surface when there is an excess of dirt and oil in the pores of your skin.
Optimize Your Face Cream Packaging
The rising demand for natural and organic face creams will be one of the significant factors contributing to the growth of the face cream market. With that being said, it is a good time to evaluate your packaging. Brands can optimize their sales through their packaging. East Hill offers airless bottles, bottles, jars, tubes, glass and other types of packaging for your beauty products. With the right packaging and face cream, you can expect to see future sales grow.