This past Valentine’s Day was also ICMAD’s Annual Young Designers Award Competition Dinner, where the competition finalists were treated to an all-expenses paid trip to California to attend.
If you’re not familiar with the Young Designers Award Competition, it is an annual competition held by ICMAD for college students studying package and design. This year, more than 356 participating students were provided a clear, 9oz jar with cap and are instructed to design a product and label/outer packaging. The top three finalists and honorable mentions were awarded scholarship prizes donated by East Hill Industries.
The 2018 scholarship winners are:
- First place and recipient of $5,000: Erik Rosner, Laguna College of Art & Design, with his design “Grand Exotic”
- Second place and recipient of $2,500: Jessica Wu, Laguna College of Art & Design, with her design “Seoul”
- Third place and recipient of $1,500: Jamie Van Dyke, Colorado Mesa University, with her design “Vagari”
This year’s honorable mentions are:
- Ashley Munson, Laguna College of Art & Design, Laguna Beach, CA, for her design “asentia”
- Samantha Stember, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR with her design “Lotus”
- Emily White, Pennsylvania College of Art and Design, Lancaster, PA with her design “C’Mon”
All honorable mentions were awarded a $500 cash prize. Awards to these students were presented by Chris James, Vice President of East Hill Industries. New this year, the winning school, Laguna College of Art & Design, was also awarded a $25,000 prize to benefit their packaging and design program. This prize was donated by ICMAD member company eos.